Established in 1995, Robertson & Olson Construction, Inc. ranked 6th fastest-growing, privately owned company from 1996 to 1998 with revenue growth of 523%. The company is well diversified, with a focus on performing any and all GC/CM services for a variety of industries including retail, multi-family, office, education, medical, industrial and others throughout Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico and Nevada.
Throughout the region, Robertson & Olson provides the highest level of construction service excellence to every client. We build creative solutions, value and long term relationships, while continually maintaining our reputation for integrity, fairness, dependability and quality above and beyond industry standards; making Robertson & Olson a great place to work.
To submit your resume please follow these instructions:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org in the following format:
- Subject Line: Last name, First name – Position applying for.
- Message Text: This should be your cover letter or quick introduction. Please do not include graphics, videos or other rich media. We would just like simple straight forward text.
- Attachments: These should be PDF’s or Word files. Please attach your resume. If you have other supporting information or documentation you can attach those also.
Commercial General Contractor with 20 years of experience in the Pacific Northwest is in search of a Project Manager to support our Camas, WA office. An ideal candidate for this position will have extensive experience managing multiple commercial projects with skills in estimating, subcontracting, buyout and client relations. Travel may be necessary at times. This position offers a competitive salary and includes a strong benefits package with room for growth.
- Sourcing and securing new business opportunities by establishing contacts and sustaining long term relationships.
- Demonstrating a credible interface with clients, design professionals and consultants.
- Estimating projects for future development.
- Managing project buy-out.
- Outlining work plan, establishing operational priorities and assigning duties, responsibilities, and scope of work.
- Creating and maintaining a project schedule with the Project Superintendent.
- Writing subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Completing chain of events paperwork to include RFI submittals, change orders and close-out documents.
- Reviewing the operating results of the construction team and taking steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct any unsatisfactory results.
- Attending weekly subcontractor progress meetings and distributing meeting minutes.
- Attending Owner/Architect meetings and distributing meeting minutes.
- Supervise completion of punch-lists and follow up on all warranty work.
- Maintaining compliance with heavy construction contracts.
- Training, delegating and mentoring staff effectively.
- Ensuring safety standards and regulations are followed.
- Four-year construction-related degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Proficient management, leadership, business development, and technical skills.
- Competency in Timberline, BlueBeam, Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and Outlook strongly preferred.
- Highly-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to meet critical deadlines in high pressure situations.
- Ability to perform functions efficiently and accurately with little direct supervision.
- Personable and professional.
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Commercial Construction Superintendent
Commercial General Contractor with 20 years of experience in the Pacific Northwest is in search of an experienced Superintendent to support our Camas, WA office. A great superintendent is an effective communicator, self-motivated, anticipates project needs and takes pride in their work. We are looking for a leader with strong work ethic who can implement large construction projects from start to finish. Must be willing to travel for extended periods of time. This position offers a competitive salary and includes a strong benefits package with room for growth.
- Overseeing work among all trades to promote a coordinated project operation.
- Managing work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of contract documents.
- Blueprint reading, layout, scheduling and quality control.
- Conduct on-site Construction Safety Program and Weekly Safety Meetings.
- Prevent fines and interruptions by complying with and enforcing codes.
- Document daily construction progress.
- Maintain an accurate log of project progress photos.
- Work closely with the construction team in maintaining the construction schedule throughout the project.
- Resolve problems as they arise from unknown existing conditions and/or on-site conflicts.
- Approve construction work by conducting regular inspections.
- Develop construction schedule from start to finish.
- Coordinate and schedule workflow and material deliveries.
- Supervise subcontractors and vendors to ensure quality control and project compliance.
- Monitor project costs and identify areas for improvement.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the completion of all punch lists and follow up on all warranties.
- Ability and willingness to work with tools as required.
- Possess great knowledge of commercial construction.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Attention to detail, analytical approach to problems.
- Experience supervising a $5,000,000 or greater construction project.
- Personable and professional.
- Collaborative problem solver, hard worker.
- Takes personal responsibility for issues that arise.
- Construction field experience.
- OSHA 10 or 30-Hour training a plus.
- Competency in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office strongly preferred.