Robertson & Olson Construction, Inc., a Commercial General Contractor with over 20 years of experience in the Pacific Northwest, has an immediate opening for an Estimator to support our Camas, WA office. Candidate must have several years of experience in all aspects of estimating to include negotiated work, conceptual estimates, and competitive bidding; with knowledge in a variety of project types including tenant improvements, ground-up buildings with associated site work and pad ready buildings. This position requires the ability to coordinate all aspects of the estimating process efficiently and handle multiple estimates simultaneously. Civil estimating experience preferred. The ideal candidate is capable of generating accurate scopes of work and pricing, participating in project walk-throughs or pre-bid meetings, and meeting critical deadlines in high pressure situations.More Info
- Prepare complete quantity take-offs, ensuring all items incorporated in the assigned scopes and priced accurately.
- Perform constructability analyses through the identification of design and constructability issues.
- Develop and define accurate and concise estimate clarifications and assumptions.
- Obtain clarifications on plans and specifications from architects and engineers when necessary.
- Communicate with architects, owners and consultants to clarify scope of work.
- Direct, coordinate and provide information and documents to subcontractors and suppliers.
- Build relationships with subcontractors and clients to gain respect and confidence.
- Analyze subcontractor proposals for completeness in required scope of work.
- Keep current with the latest estimating technology and techniques.
- Demonstrate basic conceptual estimating skills by interpreting data.
- Supply Value Engineering when required.
- Proven hands on experience in estimating.
- History of work in various construction types.
- Working knowledge of all major elements of commercial building.
- Ability to independently produce conceptual estimates.
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, and BlueBeam strongly preferred.
- CAD and Revit experience preferred.
- Personable and professional.
- Ability to communicate well and present information to clients, architects and consultants.
- Takes personal responsibility for issues that arise.
- Experience in reading blueprints.