An immediate opening is available for an Estimator to support our Camas, WA office. Candidate must have several years of experience in all aspects of estimating to include negotiated work, conceptual estimates, and competitive bidding; with knowledge in a variety of project types including tenant improvements, ground-up buildings with associated site work and pad ready buildings. This position requires the ability to coordinate all aspects of the estimation process efficiently and handle multiple estimates simultaneously.
The ideal candidate is capable of generating accurate scopes of work and pricing, participating in project walk-throughs or pre-bid meetings, and meeting critical deadlines in high pressure situations. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, SmartBid, CAD, BlueBeam, On-Screen Take-Off and Revit is preferred. This position offers a competitive salary and includes a strong benefits package with room for growth.More Info
- Prepare complete quantity take-offs, ensuring all items incorporated in the assigned scopes and priced accurately.
- Perform analyses to identify design and constructability issues.
- Develop and define accurate and concise estimates with clarifications and assumptions.
- Develop conceptual estimates with little information or narrative.
- Communicate with architects, owners and consultants to clarify scope of work.
- Direct, coordinate and provide information and documents to subcontractors and suppliers.
- Build relationships with subcontractors and clients to gain respect and confidence.
- Analyze subcontractor proposals for completeness in required scope of work.
- Keep current with the latest estimating technology and techniques.
- Demonstrate basic conceptual estimating skills by interpreting data.
- Supply Value Engineering recommendations when required.
- Develop estimates for multiple market sectors (ie. retail, office, multifamily, medical, education, etc.)
- Proven hands on experience in estimating.
- History of work in various construction types.
- Working knowledge of all major elements of commercial building.
- Ability to independently produce conceptual estimates.
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, BlueBeam and On-Screen Take-Off strongly preferred.
- CAD and Revit experience preferred.
- Personable and professional.
- Ability to communicate well and present information to project teams, clients, architects and consultants.
- Takes personal responsibility for issues that arise.
- Experience in reading blueprints and specifications.