An immediate opening available for a Project Engineer (PE) to support our Camas, WA office. The PE assists the Project Manager in efficiently managing their projects by preparing and administering bid packages, contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, submittals, and RFI’s. This includes tracking material deliveries and maintaining document control.
The PE will participate in scheduling, procurement, shop drawing review, cost reviews and project close-out. They will assist in the preparation of Owner, Subcontractor, and Vendor change orders and prepare reports as requested by the Project Manager.
An ideal candidate for this position will have a four-year degree in a construction related field or equivalent experience. This position offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package and room for advancement. Occasionally paid travel may be necessary. Position to be able to work in both office or onsite as necessary.More Info
- Procure shop drawings, samples and other submittals per specifications.
- Ensure current plans and specifications are issued to all project subcontractors, vendors, and on-site staff.
- Ensure materials and equipment are released for fabrication in time for their delivery as required at the job site. Assist the Superintendent in expediting deliveries.
- Communicate with subcontractors and suppliers in regard to schedule dates and report these communications to project team.
- Maintain established procedures with the Owner, Architect and Engineer for obtaining information, approvals, and processing of all submittals.
- Attend meetings and distribute meeting minutes.
- Track all RFI’s, ASI’s, Submittals, Addenda and Project Costs throughout the duration of the project.
- Obtain and submit all as-built drawings, guarantees, warranties, and required operating instructions at close-out.
- Four-year construction-related degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Strong proficiency in Procore, Sage 300 (Timberline), BlueBeam, and MS Office.
- Highly-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to meet critical deadlines in high pressure situations.
- Ability to communicate well and present information to clients, architects and engineers.
- Personable and professional.
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.